Fondato nel 1995
show the plaques on all four sides on the Marconi memorial in
Poldhu Cornwall UK.
wireless station was used by the Marconi company for the first
trans-oceanic service of wireless telegraphy which was opened
with a second Marconi station at Glance bay in Canada in 1902.When
the Poldhu station was erected in 1900 wireless was in its infancy,
when it was demolished in 1935, wireless was established for
communication on land, at sea and in the air. For direction
finding, broadcasting and television.
yards north east of this column stood from 1900 to 1935 the
famous Poldhu wireless station designed by John Ambrose Fleming
and erected by the Marconi company of London from which were
transmitted the first signals ever conveyed across the atlantic
by wireless telegraphy. The signals consisted of a repetittion
of the morse letter 'S' and were received at St Johns Newfoundland
by Guglielmo Marconi and his British associates on 12. 12. 1901.
Marconi company's Poldhu station in 1923 and 1924, Charles Samuel
Franklin, inventor of the Franklin beam aerial, directed his
short wave wireless beam transmissions to Guglielmo Marconi
on his yatch 'Electra' crusing in the south atlantic. The Epoch
making results of these experiments laid the foundation of modern
high speed radiotelegraphy communication to and from all quarters
of the globe.
the pioneer work done by Guglielmo Marconi and his research
experts and radio engineers at the Poldhu wireless station between
1900 and 1935, the Marconi company presented this historic land
to the National Trust.
Some six acres of cliff land were given in 1957 and four acres
behind the cliffs, on which stood the station and mast, were
given in 1960.
The Historic Poldhu
Wireless Station Cornwall, England
Club W1AA Cornwall, England
Pictures taken in 1985 by Howard Wilson
Per contattarci, cliccate qui Grazie.
© 1995-2012 by Comitato Guglielmo Marconi
The material on this page are the responsibility of its author